Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 25 minutes Total: 35 minutes
2 tbsp butter
1/4 onion diced
2 garlic cloves minced
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 cups fresh broccoli
3 cups cheddar cheese
1 oz cream cheese softened
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp pink salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp Xanthan Gum (thickens the soup)
For the Topping
3 pieces of bacon crumbled
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1. In a large saucepan, add 3 cups of chicken broth and bring to a boil.
2. Add broccoli and cook on medium low for about 6 minutes with the lid on until broccoli is tender.
3. While the broccoli is cooking, melt butter in a skillet and sauté diced onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
4. Add 1 cup of chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, spices, and salt & pepper to the onions & garlic in the skillet.
5. Bring mixture that is in the skillet to a boil while continuously whisking. Once the mixture starts boiling, add in all of the cheeses, stirring with a whisk as it melts.
6. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer for 6 minutes then remove from heat.
7. Add in the cheese mixture to the saucepan with the broccoli and chicken broth.
8. Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
9. Turn your stove off and remove the saucepan from heat.
10. To thicken the soup add 3/4 tsp of Xanthan Gum. Stir well with a whisk then allow to thicken for a few minutes before serving.
11. Serve each bowl with shredded cheese and bacon on top and enjoy!