Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Total: 45 minutes
For the Brownie Layer:
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup chocolate chunks
For the Cheesecake Layer:
1 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon mint extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 8-ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
Green gel food colouring
Mint flavoured Oreos
For the To Layer:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Line an 9-inch pan with parchment paper. Also spray the sides with a non-stick baking spray.
3. Stir together the melted butter and cocoa powder. Set aside.
4. Beat the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Then mix in the butter mixture.
5. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and mix. Stir in the chocolate chunks gently.
6. Spread the brownie batter in the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven once done and let cool completely.
7. Unlatch the pan and run a knife around the edges to make them smooth. Flip the brownie over and pull the parchment paper off.
8. Place the brownie back on the bottom of the pan and latch the sides on again. Set aside.
9. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the mint and vanilla extract and beat again.
10. Add in 2 cups of Cool Whip. Add the green colouring and mix in until you get your desired green colour.
11. Chop up 15 of the mint Oreos (or any mint flavoured cookie you like) and gently stir them into the cheesecake mixture. Spread the cheesecake on top of the cooled brownie layer in the pan. Refrigerate for at least one hour before removing the sides of the springform pan.
12. Place the chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir until melted and creamy. Let cool for a few minutes before spreading it evenly for the top layer of the cheesecake.
13. Enjoy your mint cheesecake!